It is my personal mission to redefine Family Travel…
1) Beaches Resorts :
with autism and other special needs specialized service, engaging activities and custom dining options so that all families may enjoy a memorable, award-winning
Beaches Luxury Included® experience.
2) Walt Disney Resort:
Walt Disney World Resort offers a host of services to help Guests with cognitive disabilities—including those on the Autism Spectrum—maximize their Resort experience. Services include:
- Advanced Ticket Purchase
- Stroller and Wheelchair Rental
- Strollers as Wheelchairs
- Rider Switch
- Accessing Attractions
- Break Areas
- Companion Restrooms
- Helpful Guides for Attractions and your General Resort Experience
- Dietary Accommodations
3) Royal Caribbean Cruise Line:
Royal Caribbean offers an autism friendly initiative for families living with autism, down syndrome and other developmental disabilities. This includes sensory friendly films and toys, dietary menu options, and overall autism friendly training for Adventure Ocean staff and more. Royal Caribbean started this program in 2014.
Royal Caribbean offers a wide range of autism friendly products and services, and they include:
- Priority check-in, boarding and departure
- Special dietary accommodations including gluten-free and dairy-free
- Adventure Ocean flexible grouping by ability for children 3 to 11 years old
- Adventure Ocean toilet-trained policy exception
- Pagers/phones for parents of children in Adventure Ocean program while signed into our care (subject to availability)
In addition, Autism on the Seas offers “Staffed Cruises” catering to families with children, teens and adults with autism and other developmental disabilities. These “Staffed Cruises” include:
- Extra professionally trained staff in caring for individuals with developmental disabilities (provided at one staff member for every two-three special needs guests)
- Assistance with Royal Caribbean’s products and services
- Specialized respite sessions
- Private activities and sessions
4)TradeWinds Resorts :
Opening there Autism program in 2010!In November of 2010, the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD) designated TradeWinds Island Resort as Autism Friendly after our employees underwent CARD’s training program, which taught staff how to better meet the needs of guests who have autism and their families. During your visit we have a “Safety Kit” available, which includes outlet covers, corner cushions for tables and a hanging door alarm.
For those with special diets, we have gluten-free offerings available in our dining outlets. As a special treat, we also have our Snack Attack amenity available, which includes a TradeWinds’ lunch bag and gluten-free snacks.
Book your Memories Build Session