So your going on vacation with your loved ones.. One question that comes up often is How much and when to tip.
Which currency should you use? Generally I tell people to tip in US Dollars or the counties currency you are visiting. I don’t suggest tipping in Canadian dollars in other counties, as the US dollar is more common internationally.
- Porter $1-3 per bag
- Wheelchair attendant $3-5
- Shuttle Driver $1-3
- Bell Hop $4 first bag, add $1 per bag
- Housekeeping $2-5 per day
- Room Service 10-15% of your bill
- 10 -20 % per person per day
- Daily tours 10% per day/person
10 -12 % per day per person
Cruise line will automatically add your gratuities to your on board account, You should plan to budget for a 7 day cruise about 70 dollars or 280 for a family of 4. Be sure to check with your cruise line for any specifics,
This is spread between your dining room server, wait staff assistant, cabin stewart & the head wait staff.
You can go to guest service and ask them to remove from on board and leave cash in room or give to the person personally.
- Restaurant staff – 15 to 20 % of your Bill
- Spa 10-20% of service
- Bartenders- My thought is say your find a great bar on first day, giving 10-20 bucks will go a long way to great service. If I like several bar, I do 1-2 a drink.
TIP: When going away be sure to get money in the local currency and in 1 and 5 dollar bills,This will help make tipping easier!